If your company is looking to load SigParser data into your own custom CRM here are some suggestions for how to implement it.
Use a visual ETL tool
We suggest using a visual ETL tool to do the integration such as Make, Boomi, Tray, Starfish ETL, SSIS, Por one of many other tools. These tools make it easy to develop and maintain integrations. We don't have any special connection requirements. The authentication just requires adding an API key called x-api-key to your requests.
SigParser exposes an POST https://ipaas.sigparser.com/api/Contacts/List endpoint which supports a delta sync of contacts. This makes it easy to fetch all the contacts that were recently updated. Only pass the lastmodified_after parameter. The first request can have a value of 0. Each request after that should have the last lastmodified field value from the Contact List response.
Pick Account to assign the Contact to
When importing Contacts from SigParser to your CRM you often need to pick the Account to assign the Contact to. Our suggestion is to have a Website Domain field with the URL of the website.
Multiple CRM Accounts per Domain
If your organization has multiple CRM accounts per domain you'll need to do the following:
- Add a field called Is Default for New Contacts as a boolean
- Run a script to group the existing Accounts by domain and pick one of the Accounts as the best match.
- Add a trigger to your CRM for whenever a new CRM Account gets created to populate the Is Default for New Contacts field
- In your ETL process when adding a Contact lookup the Account with a matching domain and it has Is Default for New Contacts = true
Important SigParser Columns
- emailaddress - A contact only has 1 email address and there can only be one contact with this email address. Think of the like the primary key for the contact table in the SigParser database.
- email_signature - Has the latest email signature. Very simple for someone to validate the data in the other fields. You should show this in your CRM
SigParser exposes an GET https://ipaas.sigparser.com/api/Companies endpoint which supports a delta sync of contacts. This makes it easy to fetch all the contacts that were recently updated. Only pass the lastmodified_after parameter. The first request can have a value of 0. Each request after that should have the last lastmodified field value from the Contact List response.
- Keep the integration flows simple. For example, don't try to assign ownership based on who the contact has had communication with. This makes your flows much more complex. Not saying you can't do it, but it is very complicated logic.
- Create custom fields for SigParser values
- You'll see the same Contacts and Companies over and over again because any update on the SigParser side will cause them to be transmitted.
- Don't use webhooks for Contact and Company sync unless you have a very good queue in front of your workflow trigger.
There are lots of ways to validate the data but we suggest the following:
- Login to SigParser
- Pick a contact that went over to the CRM
- Compare the fields and make sure they match SigParser
- Repeat this process for 5 to 10 contacts
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article